Current and Approved Grantees
The Merancas Foundation only accepts GRANT REQUESTS from pre-approved and invited applicants. If you have received an access code from us, please submit your GRANT REQUEST using the Log In button below. Deadlines for grant requests are February 15 and August 15 of each year.
The Merancas Foundation also accepts PROGRAM UPDATES from current grantees. If your organization has previously received funding from us, please submit your PROGRAM UPDATE using the Log In button below. This is required for recipients of installment grants. It is optional for all others.
Potential & Not Yet Approved Grantees
The Merancas Foundation is always interested in learning more about organizations and programs that fall within our charitable scope. You may submit an ARE WE A MATCH request on our grant portal at any time by clicking the Log In button below and creating an account. Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we may not respond to every submission. We will, however, reach out to applicants who peak our interest.
Thank you for your interest in applying for a grant from The Merancas Foundation. As an organization and family, we value your contributions and commitments to enriching the lives of individuals and communities in need. While we recognize the importance of the many not-for-profit organizations in our service areas, The Merancas Foundation is focused on only providing grants to organizations that fulfill its mission through programs and services. Here are several important things to keep in mind before proceeding with the application process:
- Please read and understand our mission, vision, and values before you apply.
- The Foundation has a specific geographic focus which only includes the metropolitan areas of Atlanta, Georgia; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Trenton, New Jersey.
- Grants are only made to qualified tax-exempt nonprofits under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) code.
- The Foundation awards grants to organizations with programs and initiatives that further our mission. We invest in nonprofits that support individuals in crisis, provide pathways for adults to achieve self-sufficiency, and help children reach their greatest potential.
- The Foundation does not award grants to support religion, politics, or the arts. However, the Foundation is aware that good charitable work is performed by many religious organizations. Therefore, the Foundation may support specific programs of organizations that fall within our charitable scope, provided these programs do not promote or serve as a gateway to any specific religious beliefs.
Before applying for a grant, please carefully and thoroughly read the Overview, Grant Types, and Creating a Strong Proposal sections below.
Our Foundation awards grants in three distinct formats. Applicants can request their preferred grant type, yet the Foundation reserves the right to award grants as it deems appropriate. The Foundation may make awards in any, or multiple, of the following configurations:
- Sustaining Grants – The Merancas Foundation issues sustaining grants to qualified applicants on a year-to-year basis. Applicants may use the same access code in subsequent years to re-apply for funding. The award of a sustaining grant will not guarantee any future awards. Applications are evaluated annually on their own merit.
- Installment Grants – The Merancas Foundation awards installment grants on a very limited basis. These grants are usually given to support capital requests or a specific interest for the receiving organization. Installment grants are issued in multiple payments over a defined timeframe. It is generally expected that funding will terminate at the end of the installment period.
- One-Time Grants – The Merancas Foundation issues one-time grants for specific projects or initiatives that do not require repeat funding. Recipients of one-time grants should not expect to be considered for additional funding for a minimum of three years from the grant award.